What to expect:
- REGULAR SEASON IS FROM APRIL TO Late-OCTOBER.
- Please arrive about 5-10 minutes ahead of the scheduled class time so that class may begin on time, no earlier please.
- All classes will be held outside on a grassy area. In the event of light rain, we do have tents, so no worries.
- You will be checked in by your name as registered online – no tickets or paperwork needed. No refunds, but you can transfer/sell your ticket – just drop us a quick line to let us know the name of the person coming in your place.
- Solo attendance is welcome! You will meet others and have a fun experience!
- The yoga classes are designed for all levels of abilities. No experience necessary.
- We supply the yoga mats. Yoga is done in a grass covered yard reserved for yoga classes and socials only – never in a pasture area.
- Wear older clothes, the goats most likely will climb on you. A T-shirt or something that fully covers your back and shoulders is strongly suggested. Save the open backs and strappy shirts for another time and place.
- Age: We use 10 as a guideline. Depends on the maturity of the child. Must be able to follow along with the yoga class or sit quietly on the mat during class as the goats come to them. Absolutely no chasing the goats or disrupting the class. We have Goat Socials for ALL ages that may be more appropriate for some children and definitely for the younger ones.
- Goats also like to nibble. On everything, so limit things brought with you please. Hair in a ponytail or bun is a great idea too. No dangling jewelry, strings on clothing, etc.
- Lots of opportunities for pictures. We will also take pictures during each session that you can download from our galleries.
- Time after class to enjoy the goats and ask any questions you may have about them.
- No outside snacks for the goats
- No picking up the goats until we have gone over proper handling. Please don’t chase the goats. Never turn a goat on its back.
- Hand sanitizer is offered for your convenience and hygiene. Please use it after class.
- Class size limited to 25 people.
- We do some yoga, a lot of cuddling goats, some learning about the goats. It’s a new and different way to exercise and learn about a fun side of agriculture!
- Covid 19 Modifications are available upon request – just let us know what you would like. We are outside in the fresh air, so masks are completely optional.
- Participation in goat yoga and other activities at Goat Joy during this time is at your own free will and discretion. You accept all risks and responsibilities that come with it including any potential exposure to Covid-19. We are making every effort to follow guidelines, but anytime you go out into the community, you are taking a risk. It is your decision and the consequences of this decision fall solely upon you. You agree to release and hold harmless Goat Joy, the Ritter Family, and all employees and volunteers.
- So, let’s relax and have some fun!!
Private Goat Yoga Events: Available on a limited schedule upon request. Price is current individual pricing with a 10-person minimum (or equivalent fee). Birthday parties would fall under a private event status. If you would like to do an extended event and include tables and chairs, it is $50 for an hour after the event. We must know ahead of time (prior to scheduling the event). We can also arrange for a craft immediately following a child’s goat yoga event. Please see the “Private Events Tab” to see if a time slot is available on your desired date. Yoga does require not only our location availability but instructor coordination as well, so please message us prior to booking a private event time specifically for goat yoga. Sundays are always for our public events, but nothing says you can’t buy out the class! Groups are always welcome at the public events too!
No Events Found