What to expect:
- MODIFICATIONS DURING THE STATE OF DELAWARE’S PHASE 2 COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS:
- When you arrive, we will ask you to wash your hands and arms with soap and water.
- Class sizes are reduced to allow for social distancing.
- We will not have our “goat walk”. It will still be yoga with goats, the finale just will not be the goat’s favorite part of goat yoga.
- You will be able to be close together with your group and your mats (if you want to be), but other people and groups will be spaced at least 6′ from you.
- Masks are optional for customers. The class is outside and you will be spaced apart from people outside of your group, so mask usage is entirely at your discretion.
- You will be asked to select a mat color based on how you would like to participate in the goat yoga class: blue will indicate that you are good with Goat Joy representatives bringing the baby goats to you and placing them on you during yoga poses; purple will indicate that you would prefer we maintain our distance and simply direct the goats towards you and encourage them to interact on their own terms.
- Participation in goat yoga and other activities at Goat Joy during this time is at your own free will and discretion. You accept all risks and responsibilities that come with it including any potential exposure to Covid-19. We are making every effort to follow guidelines, but anytime you go out into the community, you are taking a risk. It is your decision and the consequences of this decision fall solely upon you. You agree to release and hold harmless Goat Joy, the Ritter Family, and all employees and volunteers.
- So, let’s relax and have some fun!!
- REGULAR SEASON IS FROM MID-APRIL TO MID-OCTOBER.
- Please arrive about 5-10 minutes ahead of the scheduled class time so that class may begin on time.
- All classes will be held outside on a grassy area. In the event of light rain, we do have tents, so no worries.
- You will be checked in by your name as registered online – no tickets or paperwork needed. No refunds, but you can transfer/sell your ticket – just drop us a quick line to let us know the name of the person coming in your place.
- Solo attendance is welcome! You will meet others and have a fun experience!
- The yoga classes are designed for all levels of abilities. No experience necessary.
- We supply the yoga mats.
- Wear older clothes, the goats most likely will climb on you. A T-shirt or something that fully covers your back and shoulders is strongly suggested. Save the open backs and strappy shirts for another time.
- Age: We use 10 as a guideline. Depends on the maturity of the child. Must be able to follow along with the yoga class or sit quietly on the mat during class as the goats come to them. Absolutely no chasing the goats or disrupting the class. We have Goat Socials for ALL ages that may be more appropriate for some children and definitely for the younger ones.
- Goats also like to nibble. On everything, so limit things brought with you please. Hair in a ponytail or bun is a great idea too. No dangling jewelry, strings on clothing, etc..
- Lots of opportunities for pictures. We will also take pictures during each session that you can download from our galleries.
- Time after class to enjoy the goats and ask any questions you may have about them.
- No outside snacks for the goats
- No picking up the goats until we have gone over proper handling. Please don’t chase the goats. Never turn a goat on it’s back.
- Hand sanitizer is offered for your convenience and hygiene. Please use it after class.
- Class size limited to 25 people.
- We do some yoga, a lot of cuddling goats, some learning about the goats. It’s an new and different way to exercise, and learn about a fun side of agriculture!
- Relax, enjoy, and have fun!